Just a really quick post before I forget it. I was driving home from work today in one of the more spectacular storms I have ever been in. When I left work, it was overcast with this weird mist. It looked like fog at first, but when I stepped into it, it was like having a spray bottle pointed at you from a distance with the setting on the biggest spray possible. It actually felt kind of good, but after I got into my car, I didn't like it so much. It fogged up the windows and the wipers didn't seem to do that well getting it off. After a few miles down the road, the rain started to pour with lightning shows all around. When I say pour, I mean POUR. It was raining so hard that at any setting, I still had water on my windshield after the wipers moved over it. It was like driving under a waterfall. There was nothing I could do.
There was a lot of lightning and it was really cool to watch. At one point, I was almost under an underpass. I saw a bolt of lightning hit it when I was about 30 feet from going under. It was so bright that I thought it hit the car in front of me. I heard the thunder instantly in front of me and when I passed through on the other side of the overpass, I could still hear it, but it was behind me now. It was really cool and weird. I wish I could describe it better, but that's about all I can think of to describe it. It was because of the thunder I knew it had hit the overpass and not the car in front of me, because it was muffled as I drove under and the fact that the place where the thunder came from had changed after driving under.
Anyway, that is my post about my interesting drive home. I can't wait for the next big storm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Josh,
I remember those kind of storms when we lived in Saint Louis. I know that you don't but becareful in those storms and all the water on the roads so that you don't hydroplane. that can be scarey!
MOM
Post a Comment