I moved to Texas with the intent of staying for only 7 months. I tried to not be a Texan for as long as possible, but then came the day I got my first speeding ticket. That was the same day I decided I needed to stay longer. Since then I have attempted to become a legal "Texan." I went in to get my drivers license changed over. They told me I couldn't do that until I had my car inspected and registered in Texas. I got the inspection. A week later, I registered my car in Texas. Yes, my license plates may say Texas on them to you , but that day I got new Montana plates. I don't know what the star on them is for, but at least they got the cowboy on his horse right. I'm not one of them, but there are cowboys in Montana, so they must be Montana plates.
After I got my new plates, I went to get my drivers license changed. They gave me the appropriate papers and a number for my place in line... or so I thought. They told me when my number was called, I could then get in line to get my license. Umm, yeah. What's the point of getting a number? I thought it was your place in line, not more waiting to get into a line to wait again. Anyway, my number was 62. It took 10 minutes to go from 42 to 43. I was tired from working all night and wasn't going to wait that long, so I left and went back early in the morning this week after my last night of work for the week. When I got there, they told me I couldn't get my license with out my birth certificate. GREAT!!! So I go through all that work, just to hear I can't get my license because my birth certificate is back in Montana. It's a new rule too, because the week before I wasn't told that. They did say I could also use my USA passport, which I do have, but I was so frustrated about waiting in line just to hear that I couldn't get my license that I just went home and I'll wait till this Friday after work. All this time I avoid becoming a Texan, and then when I try to switch over, they make it hard as if they don't want me. With my luck, when I go in again they'll tell me that I have to be born in Texas to get my license.
I suppose since it has been a while from my last post that some of you are wondering about the girl. To tell the truth, nothing has happened until this last Friday. After the last post, I called her 3 times the next week trying to ask her on another date. I got no answer and no reply. This week I was able to chat with her online for a bit, but other than that, nothing happened again until this weekend. My roommate and I went to Narnia and tried calling a lot of people to get them to come with us. She was one of the people I called. Same thing happened. I got no answer and no reply from her. This week we went to the new Indiana Jones movie. We contacted several of are friends again. Since my roommate has texting on his phone, he sent a mass text to everyone instead of calling all of them. She responded this time and because of her broken foot, she asked if we could pick her up. We did. She is more comfortable when her foot is raised and since I knew another friend would show up first, I had them save some seats in the row with the railings in front of the seats so she could put her foot up during the movie. It was slow going with her because she had just started to use only one crutch as her foot is healing a bit and she wasn't used to it yet. She sat by me during the movie and I really wanted to hold her hand, but I didn't because it had been so long since we had gone on an actual date.
After the movie, we dropped her off at her apartment. This is where things got interesting. She and I held hands.
Before you get too excited for me, let me explain. On the way down the 3 flights of stairs from her apartment, she had a railing for extra support. On the way up, she didn't because it was on the same side as the crutch. Not being used to just one crutch yet, she had trouble going up, so I offered my arm for support and she took my hand.
She hasn't answered or returned my calls for the last 2 weeks. Because of that, I have been meaning to tell her that I have had fun with her on our dates and that I have come to like her and want to get to know her better by spending more time with her. I will then ask her if she would mind if I ask her on more dates or if she wants me to stop. The problem is getting her alone to talk to her about it. Hopefully, I can see her sometime tomorrow and get that over with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Get a clue! Tell the girl you like her already. Leave a message (that's what a machine/voicemail is for) but do not be overbearing. You (of all people) should absolutely NO fear of rejection!
We're praying for you!
Post a Comment