Saturday, September 20, 2008

Catching up, DC area, and Joseph Smith birthplace

I know it's been a long time, but I'll make it worth it. First of all, there is a lot of stuff to post, so in reality, I made this into 2 different posts. This one is about the touring and other things we did in Washington DC. We went around the National Mall. This included the White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, The Korean and World War II monuments, the air and space museum, and the capital building. After the wedding we went to Vermont for the reception, but before that, we saw the birthplace of Joseph Smith. There will also be a few shots from the airplane. The next post will be Connie's wedding and reception. There are a lot of photos for both and several videos. I only picked the best of the photos, but even then, it took 3 hours to post the photos for the wedding and reception. At any rate, enjoy.




Does this name look familiar?
My brother is cool







Arriving at the National Mall






Washington Monument

The White House

Yep, I was there My brother was there
Different angle

Video of White House area












World War II Monument

From inside the pillars

Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool

Video of 3 monuments










I was there too

I like this picture. It isn't so symetric.
Washington Monument and reflecting pool
Wide view

Let me introduce you to President Lincoln He's a very latge man
Korean War Monument
Good view of Washington Monument
Highway to heaven?

This is a very patriotic picture It seems to never end
The National Capital Building


Video of National Mall from the Washington Monument





I don't know what it is, but something about this picture makes it VERY cool
Inside the Air and Space Museum

Awsome model of Saturn V
Very cool model of an aircraft carrier... over 1000 hours to make it


Close up video of the aircraft carrier model




It was a long day for my brother
Now we are going to the reception
Josep Smith's Birthplace
The man who helped bring it all back... and a picture of the prophet today
Pathway to the monument
Small description of Joseph
An angel on the top watching over the sight?
Different angle

1 comment:

The Hills said...

I love the "angel" picture. That was a great shot. By the way, where did your hair go? It hasn't been that long since we have seen you. What, 3 years maybe? Wow...man you are getting old! ;) Isn't it a good thing that I am older, maybe I'll go bald first. Oh wait, I'm a girl, that won't happen! Hehehe.