Idaho Falls

Panoramic of the dam



The Reservoir and Idaho Falls Temple

Got lucky here with the geese flying in.



This is one of my favorites of the temple.




After 3 years of not hanging out with my good friend Adam, we were able to meet up and hang out again. What better way to do it than camping in Yellowstone. We met in West Yellowstone where we reserved a camping spot in Bay Bridge for the night and then headed into the park. First stop... an elk next to the Yellowstone River.

We also saw the small herd on the other side.

I love the zoom on my camera.

They looked like they were going to cross, but ended up just getting a drink.


Next stop was Firehole Canyon.

This is at the end of the drive. We got some cool pictures here as we walked around.


I saw this in the ground after I took the last one. It's a survey marker to mark the elevation. I just had to take a picture of it after remembering about my surveying class.

There's Adam. He did a lot of close up exploring.

You've heard of Lewis and Clark, but they are nothing compared to Adam. Ok, maybe not, but it's still a cool picture. Adam, I still think you should make this your facebook picture.


We also saw the small herd on the other side.

I love the zoom on my camera.

They looked like they were going to cross, but ended up just getting a drink.


Next stop was Firehole Canyon.

This is at the end of the drive. We got some cool pictures here as we walked around.


I saw this in the ground after I took the last one. It's a survey marker to mark the elevation. I just had to take a picture of it after remembering about my surveying class.

There's Adam. He did a lot of close up exploring.

You've heard of Lewis and Clark, but they are nothing compared to Adam. Ok, maybe not, but it's still a cool picture. Adam, I still think you should make this your facebook picture.

I finally caught up to where he was from before, but by then he had climbed down below.


He wanted a picture of this, but couldn't zoom in enough. I took it for him.

Driving up the river a little more, we saw an elk and her calf.

Awwww, are you getting a fuzzy feeling?

"Mom, wait for me!"

This looks like some good grass.

Paint Pots

The blue spring and the red run-off.

The geyser at paint pots that never lets you down.

Nice cloud formation.


Of course we had to stop at Old Faithful.

Unfortunately, that's as high as it got. I don't think it was over 35 feet.

The clouds were way more interesting.

Next to Yellowstone Lake, we saw this amazing beast.


He wanted a picture of this, but couldn't zoom in enough. I took it for him.

Driving up the river a little more, we saw an elk and her calf.

Awwww, are you getting a fuzzy feeling?

"Mom, wait for me!"

This looks like some good grass.

Paint Pots

The blue spring and the red run-off.

The geyser at paint pots that never lets you down.

Nice cloud formation.


Of course we had to stop at Old Faithful.

Unfortunately, that's as high as it got. I don't think it was over 35 feet.

The clouds were way more interesting.

Next to Yellowstone Lake, we saw this amazing beast.
These pictures were taken about 100 feet away standing next to my car with the door open so I could hop in and I wasn't comfortable there either. He was about 15 feet away from the road and people would walk there to the closest point. A park ranger kept having to tell people to back away, but more people would stop and do the same thing. One guy stood behind me and said we were safe because we were further away and lots of people were in the way. I couldn't believe it! I turned around and told him if that elk wanted to, he could plow right through them and be hitting us with in 2-3 seconds. I can't believe how stupid people are who visit the park. Can't they see the warnings on everything they hand you at the gates? DO NOT APPROACH THE ANIMALS, THEY CAN KILL YOU! Geesh!

He was an awesome bull though. The horns still had velvet on them, so I'm sure they will grow 6-7 more inches.



On the other side of the road was this small herd as well. Another bull elk was with them, but I'm sure the first one was in charge. People would approach them as well. The park ranger was getting really angry having to cover both sides of the road.

He was an awesome bull though. The horns still had velvet on them, so I'm sure they will grow 6-7 more inches.



On the other side of the road was this small herd as well. Another bull elk was with them, but I'm sure the first one was in charge. People would approach them as well. The park ranger was getting really angry having to cover both sides of the road.
More zooming power.


We saw a really cool sunset over the lake.



Finally, we made it to camp. However, when we got there, there were around 400 buffullo. We litterally set the tent up about 15 feet away from some of them. It was very intimidating. They did leave after a while, then another herd of around 200 came through as well. They kept moving and all was clear by the time this was taken of the fire.
When the fire was out, we hit the sack to get ready for the next day.







No comments:
Post a Comment