Friday, October 31, 2008

Almost moving time, lightning, and party fun

Things are still in motion for the big move. My last week at work is next week. Believe me, I am looking forward for that to be done. This time next week I will be done with work. I'll pack my non-essential things like books, movies, and odds and ends. Then the following Monday, I'll pick up the truck and car trailer and load it up. Tuesday, November 11th, I will leave Fort Worth and head northwest to Logan, Utah. I expect to arrive there about the 14th. The closer it gets, the more scared I become, but at the same time, I'm really excited. I guess the fear comes from the unknown, but in the end, it's overcome from knowing that is where I'm supposed to be. I also don't know how to explain it, but there is going to be a lot of good things for me there.

So a lot has happened since my last post. Since I have known that I will be leaving, I have been taking as many pictures as I can of friends and people I know here. Here are some of the friends I have made.

Kim and I
Ashley and Chris


Russell, Heidi, and Shannon

Heidi and Hope
Charlie and I

Since I take my camera everywhere now, I was able to get some shots of lightning. Granted they aren't perfect or all that good, but considering the fact that I was driving and looking at the road and not where I was aiming the camera, they are alright.


Our ward also hosted a Halloween Dance for the region. Since I take my camera every where, Chris and I came up with my costume. I dress plainly to be comfortable, and what super hero does the same thing while carrying his camera around? Even though I didn't actually dress up, we decided I was Peter Parker. As Peter, I took some pictures of some of the costumes that stood out. Some of these people I know, some I don't, but it was fun to see some of thought that went into the more original costumes.
It's Russell, my roommate. I've always wondered if he was a Jedi...this proves it.
Tristan as a cowboy in black
Kyler is a banana. He looks happy to be at the snack table. I hope someone doesn't mistake him for a snack.

Mario Brothers...enough said
Amy as a blue fairy Zach is the King? I knew it!










Visitor's from Hogwarts
Robin Hood is awesome.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try to get one more post before I move, but we'll have to see what happens. Either way...until next time.

No comments: