Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun with Friends and Moving Time

Well, the time has come. This will be my last post from Texas. There have been good times (with friends) and there have been bad times (from my car). I spent the last 2 weekends spending time with friends. We went bowling and mini golfing. I have some pictures of that I'll show later in this posting.

I also went and picked up my Uhaul rentals this morning. The surprising thing is that I had to go 10 miles to get it when there are 3-4 that are a lot closer, even 1-2 that are less than a mile away. I didn't like that too much, but at least they added some miles onto my limit for me so I guess I can't complain too much. They also didn't have any 10' trucks like I asked for, so they upgraded me to a 14' for the same price as the 10' truck. It's bigger than I wanted by far. There is enough room that I don't have to stack anything. It's also bigger driving, meaning even wider turns and sit in a higher seat. It's kinda wierd. I think the worst thing is no cruise control. That's going to kill me driving up to 16 hours a day.
So there you are. I'll leave in the morning, spend the night somewhere, drive until Green River, WY to see my grandparents, and end up in Logan sometime on Thursday. I hope that all goes well. Before I go, here are some more pictures for you to look at.
Daniel ending his turn

Ashley and Daniel
KimKim and I
Group of friends at Braum's

My turn to get in the pictures

Ashley and Kim on an Elephant while mini golfing

Does this make sense? This is at night with out the flash. The previous picture was with the flash.
The Uhaul truck and trailor with my car

Can you tell it's fall?

Some of my things

No comments: