Friday, December 19, 2008

NBA Basketball, New Song, and my life

Since before I moved here, my brother and I have planned to go to the first Blazer game we could. We looked at the schedule and saw they played the Jazz on December 11th, so we bought tickets and went to the game. I took my camera with the anticipation of taking pictures of the experience, but the arena had a dumb rule that no cameras were aloud. I didn't get it because I was aloud to take my camera into a professional baseball game in Texas. What's the difference? Oh well... in the end the Blazers ended up loosing by about 10. To tell the truth, they were out of it that game and made lots of sloppy plays. It was still fun to see my first NBA game in person though.

As many of you know, I like to sing. I have my own quartet I call "Singing Four" because I sing all four parts through a program on my computer. I recently did a new recording of "When You Say Nothing at All," but I only put in 3 tracks with my guitar, the lead, and on harmony. I may end up changing the harmony on it, but here is a video of me playing it with the actual recording over the video.

I'm sorry about the audio quality...it really does sound better, but for some reason it isn't playing right. This at least give you a taste of it, but if you want to hear the original sound, just send me an email and I'll send the original audio file.

As far as my life goes... well, it's really boring. I'm still looking for a job, so all I do is fill out applications and spend the rest of the day trying to entertain myself since most everyone is gone for the break. I did have an interview for a forklift driving position at a cold storage warehouse this week, so hopefully I hear back from them by Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a difference in camera rules between the NBA and MLB. There is also a very VERY good reason.

Baseball is played outside. Because of this, if you take a picture, and your camera uses a flash, the flash is just absorbed by all the other light there is.

Basketball on the other hand is played inside. This means there is not enough light to negate camera flashes. If they were to allow cameras in, enough people will bring them to cause a problem: the flashes would be distracting to the players.