Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving, Bowling, and Lot's of pictures

The length between my posts should tell you how exciting my life is right now. My last post was on Thanksgiving, and although I had some pictures from that, I haven't put them up until now. Anyways...Thanksgiving was fun. I went up to Rexburg with my brother and sister-in-Law all scrunched up in his truck. I had some furniture to hand over to my sister, so if it wasn't for that, I imagine we would have had more room in their car. At any rate, it was a great weekend. I got to spend time with my sister and brother-in-law and my mom and step-dad. We ate lots of good food and had lots of fun.

Part of the many plates of food

Family cooking and prepping

My brother acting like normal

My brother and his wife

Oooops, maybe too long...oh well, it was still really good.

One of the things we did together was go bowling. I came close to beating my all-time high of 186. My first game I got a 177 and the next a 183 for a 180 average for the day. I was really proud of myself for getting an average so close to my high. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures there.
I also had the chance to check out the changes on campus. I can't believe all of the stuff they are doing. There is the new auditorium they are building next to the Hart building. They are also building an addition to the MC. They took out the cafeteria and the bookstore. The bookstore is now a food court and the bookstore has it's own 2 levels in the new addition. Here are some pictures to give you an idea.
New auditorium

Next to the Hart Building

Panoramic to show it all (if you can't see it, just click on it and a bigger picture should show up)

Panoramic of the addition to the MC. You can see the original in the back on the right.


New food court in the old bookstore


Another look at the new auditorium from below the Taylor quad

And of course I went and looked at the temple, so here are some pictures from around the Rexburg Temple.

Walking up the path from the Hinkley
Still on the path
Panoramic view of Rexburg from the North West end of the temple

Angel Moroni
The flying angel


Front of the temple (East side)

South and East sides of the temple



Right after the temple pictures were taken, we left to get back to Utah. On the way home, I got some good shots of the sunset. Here they are.

This one is ok
This one is better

This one is my favorite

And that is the end of my Thanksgiving Holiday.

1 comment:

The Hills said...

Thanks for the updates! We didn't know how everything was going in Rexburg. Good luck finding a job!