Don't worry. I'm ok. I didn't get hurt. In fact my car wasn't in the crash. The crash wasn't even an accident. It was all on purpose to try and earn money and win a prize. Ok, so if you haven't guessed yet, I went to a demolition derby. My roomates had heard about it and asked if I wanted to go along, so I did. I must say that it wasn't the best derby I've been to, but considering it was only my second, that isn't saying much. There really wasn't a lot of big crashes like I had seen in the first one I went to, but there were 2 or 3 spectacular crashes that made it all worth it. I took some pictures and videos as well just so I could have something interesting to post since it has been around a month since I last told you about my life. I save the best for last, so let me start with some otherthings that happened at the derby.
First off, here are the people I went with starting up close is my roomate's girlfriend and my roomate, a recently moved out roomate followed by his fiance and then another recently moved out roomate, so 6 of us all together.
This is place we went to at the county fair grounds. They were actually pretty good. This video doesn't give them justice for how they really sounded.
They also had a greased pig chase for kids, but it wasn't as exciting as it sounds as you will see here.
There was so many kids that the pigs had no where to go and it was over in a matter of seconds.
Now for some of the action. Two of the better crashes from the entire night are in this video.
And now for the most spectacular crash. Gotta save the best for last, right?
Don't worry, everybody was just fine. That's why they have to install seatbelts and a huge "roll over" bar.
It wasn't the most exciting derby in the world, but all in all, it was still fun to go to.




No comments:
Post a Comment