Sunday, May 10, 2009

Surprise From a Girl

Yes, it's that time again. Time to write about girls again. Come on. Admit it. You like hearing about it. Why else would you come back to my blog? It's not like anything else exciting is going on that I could tell you about. Besides, I'm still single, so I don't have anyone specific to write about... Yet.

Ok, so remember the girl I went ice skating with the first time as a double date with my roommate? (see post from Feb 15, 2009) Well, after giving up on her because of her "maybe" reply to if she wanted to go on more dates with me I wasn't expecting anything more from her since I couldn't get her to talk to me at church. Well, summer is here and maybe about 30 people are left in our ward (thus far).

Last week, I arrived at church and sat alone. She was there and was also sitting alone, so being the nice guy I am, I was going to get up and go sit by her. As I was about to get up, another girl in the ward sat next to me. She is now alone in her apartment and I guess I was a friendly face in the various faces from combined wards. Not long after that, one of my roommates who recently moved out and his fiance sat on the other side of me. I didn't want to offend them and get up to leave, so I leaned over to her and asked if she was alone. She nodded yes, so I invited her to sit with us. She smiled and got up and sat next to me. We started talking while we waited for church to start. We talked about our weeks, and she told me about how her piano students had a recital the next day that she was getting worried about. Somehow, the topic turned to movies in theaters and I mentioned how I wanted to see the new Wolverine movie. She got excited and said she did too, but she couldn't get anyone to go with her. I told her that I couldn't either. We both expressed interest in seeing it and then church started.

Afterwards while waiting for Sunday School, we talked again. We didn't talk about the movie again until after church. I caught her as she came out of class and asked if she would like to see the movie for FHE since it had been cancelled. She got excited and said yes, but then reminded me about the recital and asked if I was willing to wait for a later show. I said yes, but then I had to go help set up chairs for a fireside. I asked if she was going to the fireside and when she said yes, I told her I would see her there.

Before the fireside started, I looked up movie times and found out that in general, there were shows around 7:30pm and 9:30pm. I arrived at the fireside and sat alone. Soon after, I saw her come in and sit on the other side alone as well, so I got up and went over to her. When I asked if someone was sitting next to her, she smiled and said that I was. We soon started talking again. I told her I had looked up movie times and asked what time the recital started. She said 6pm. I asked if she would be done in time for the early show, but she said the recital was in another town. Well, that determined we were going to the later showing. She was fine with that and I was too. I just wanted to see the movie. We continued talking until the fireside started.

Afterwards, we confirmed details about the movie and I told her other people wanted to go as well. The next day, everyone I had talked to who said they wanted to go bailed out on me. I called her after her recital to see if she still wanted to go. Before I could finish the question, she piped up and said we should go anyways. She exclaimed that she had been looking forward to the movie all day. I breathed a sigh of relief and told her that I was glad she said that. I had been looking forward to it as well. We confirmed times and the theatre we would meet at and that was that.

The movie was really good. I got to the theater and sat inside. She came in soon after that and we started talking again until the movie started. After the movie, we talked about other movies coming out soon. I mentioned Star Trek. She got excited again and mentioned that she has never been a Star Trek fan, but for some reason, this new film has really caught her attention and she wanted to see it. I said I did to. In the parking lot, I asked if she wanted to see it when it came out the next week. She said yes. I asked if she wanted to go during the weekend, but she said she was going home for Mother's Day. She then asked if I wanted to wait until Monday again. I said sure. Then she got serious and said that if I had the chance to see it, to go ahead with out her. I thought about it for a minute and said I'd probably have people bail on me again anyway and that I would wait for her. She had this big grin pop up and then she turned around to go to her car as she waved goodbye and told me she would see me the next week.

The Star Trek movie date is tomorrow. I called her earlier today to tell her about FHE and to confirm what time we could go. To my surprise, our phone call lasted over 15 minutes. Before today, I never had a talk with her on the phone that lasted more than 2 minutes. We talked about our weeks, our weekend, and our day today. I told her about FHE and how we will have a BBQ. She didn't know if she could make it because she had 2 students that are going to schedule make up lessons. She said she would give me a call if she finished on time to see where we were or to tell me she would meet me at the movie if she couldn't make it. We also talked about another movie on video called "Hotel for Dogs." It's another movie she would like to see. I told her I bought it and she could come over to watch it or borrow it anytime.

Anyway, we have been talking a lot lately. I've been wondering why she is able to talk to me so much now where she wasn't able to before. I guess life and time will only tell.

1 comment:

The Hills said...

I guess I'm weird. I like hearing about your girl problems. I have been hearing about them for 7 1/2 years now. Keep at it. Never give up - never surrender!