First of all, I should mention that I am single again and have been since the end of February. I ended it because I had prayed for 2 moths about marriage and it never felt right. We are still friends and when we broke up, I promised that I would visit for the birthday parties of her kids since I had previously told them I would be there. These are the last pictures of them.
Nate turned 5 in March. I didn't realize that on your "big day" you are actually bigger.
Lol, this next one has a story behind it that I had to chuckle at. After the picture, the kids just sat there, so I asked what should we do now? One little boy yelled out, "Let's pray!" Lol, I had no idea where that came from, but "out of the mouth of babes..."

Ella turned 7 in April.

I had just taken a "solo" picture of Nate and he asked me to take another. I told him I had already taken lot's with him in it, so he did this pose and told me "take one of me like this." Lol.
The 2nd thing I should tell you is that I changed my major... again. I know, I know. It's my 4th one and I'm not getting any younger, but civil engineering wasn't working for me anymore. It involves a lot of calculus and since it has been 3 years since I took the first year of it, I wasn't doing well in my classes and I wasn't enjoying it anymore. My new major is Accounting and the change only set me back a semester.
Jones siblings - Thanksgiving 2009
Those are the big changes in my life. I'm still single, but I should tell you a story that could lead to something in the fall. I still work at Sam's Club and over a month after the break up, I decided to ask a co-worker on a date. She was excited, but when we tried to plan it out, we couldn't find the time to do it until 2 weeks later. Four days before that was supposed to happen, I talked to her to confirm everything, but she had forgotten about it and has switched schedules with someone else. If the weather was bad for that date, my plan B was dinner and a last resort movie. The movie was "How to Train Your Dragon."
Through out the school year, I talked a lot with a girl in the ward who I knew the previous year. At the beginning of the school year, she would talk to me a lot until my roommate told her I had a girlfriend. After that, she would talk to me and then go somewhere else. When she found out I was single again, she started talking to me more and more.
The Sunday before I was supposed to have the date with my co-worker, the girl in my ward and her sister invited my roommates and others over for brunch for General Conference. While there, the movie was mentioned as I talked with her sister who had seen it. After the co-worker date fell threw, I really wanted to go watch the movie. I couldn't remember if this girl had seen it or not, so I called her and asked if she wanted to go. She hadn't seen it yet, and did want to go. It was intended to invite other people to the movie, but in the end it was just us, so I treated it like a date and paid for her ticket and the date ended with a hug.
A week later, I got a call from the same girl. She wanted to go bowling and asked if I wanted to go. I like bowling and had no plans, so we went bowling. I picked her up and she was dressed in nice slacks and a nice shirt, a little much for bowling, so I knew she was dressing up for me. After we went bowling, we went to the store and bought some ice cream that we ate before going home. It was another nice date that ended with a hug.
By this time, we had just over a week of school left before she went home for the summer. In all the years I've gone on dates, I learned quickly from common sense and experience that if a girl asks you on a date, the guy makes the next move if interested. I am interested in her and wanted her to know that, so a week later, I asked her out to dinner. We went to a Chinese place and she had a small awkward moment while reading my Chinese calendar astrology. I'm a monkey and she read it out loud after I told her that's what I am. She read through the description and who I should stay away from, but she skipped who I should marry and finally reacted with an interesting "hmmm" to break her silence. I knew why she stopped because I was reading silently along with her. It said I should seek to marry a dragon, which is what she is. It was a funny moment that I chuckled to myself about. At the last moment, we decided to go watch a movie after dinner, so we went to a different one and ended the date with a hug again.
Nothing happened between us other than the dates. After the 2nd date, I know the interest was still there, but I also know we both realized that she was leaving for the summer and didn't want a long distance relationship for 3 moths. With that being said, I plan to call her every few weeks to keep in touch and see what happens when she gets back.
The last of this post will be a sample of pictures taken from November to the present, so here it goes.
Bryan acting goofy.


Experimenting with settings while Bryan and Noralee were getting new pictures by her Dad. I've got to figure out how my brother always looks so cool.
















3 comments:
Things look hopeful, but I am still shaking my head in disbelief. We miss you old friend!
Hey Jonesy -
Some great stuff in there. Thanks for the post! It's great to see into the lives of the Jones's.
P.S. I think he always looks so cool cuz unlike you and me, he isn't losing all his hairs! ;)
Miss you guys too. I haven't seen you since buddy was a toddler and now you have 2 more and a lot going on with each of them.
Lol, thanks mike, I should have known it was something simple.
Post a Comment