Before I tell you what I am up too now, let me tell you a little history of things that have happened to me since I've been here and how they affect me now. First of all is car trouble. My car over heated on me, I lost my brakes, got into a small fender bender, got a speeding ticket, and broke a seal on an axle joint. Most of those are fixed except the fact that my axle needs to be replaced. I was told it would make noise when it got bad, but so far so good. Once I save more than enough money, I'll take it in. Don't worry, it should be in the next month.
Until recently, I have been trying to leave Texas and go back north. There are several reasons for this with going back to school, heat, loneliness, city life, and no mountains being some of them. Financial challenges from my car has postponed any of those plans and later in this posting, I will tell you why this has changed. I will tell you however, that the loneliness has past. I have made several good friends here and am happy to know them and have them in my life.
Next is my job. I work at Motorola through a very large company. I started out as a forklift driver in the Inventory Control department counting cell phone parts. Three months after I started, I was given a promotion to Process Auditor. Basically, I make sure transactions on the computer match paperwork and then I count parts in orders moving from the warehouse to production. I know, it sounds like a boring job, but I've found that an 8 hour day seems like a 2 hour day. When I got my promotion, I was also required to work 3rd shift from 10pm - 6:30am starting Sunday night and ending Friday morning. I still work at night, but they changed me to working 4 ten hour days starting this week. I will be getting a 3 day weekend and saving 45 miles of travel per week due to the change.
In Church, I am on the FHE Activity's Committee in my singles ward. Other than a home teacher, that has been my only calling.
School is being postponed right now. I hate to do that, but I need more money. I think a part of the reason I moved down here in the first place was because I was tired of MSU taking unnecessary amounts of my savings. I was trying to transfer to BYU in Provo, but that attempt was rejected. They said I have too many credits and think I can finish my bachelor's degree a lot faster somewhere else. If I start working on my master's in Civil Engineering, I can go there, but for now I can't. What's the plan now? Well, for now it is to go back to MSU and finish my Bachelor's there, but that could change to trying one of the schools around here.
I know some of you are wondering about this, so I might as well get it out of the way. How's my dating life? Well, I've had a few dates with some of the girls here. I won't go into details about prospects here, but I'll let you know when the time is right. If you are dying to know, send me an email and ask about it. For now, just know that I am still single and looking.
I think that is all of the basic aspects of my life, but now it's time to explain my plans. As I mentioned before, I was trying to leave Texas. After getting my rejection from BYU, I was planning to move back to Montana the end of April. Some small things got in the way of that like need for money, the fact that I don't have residency there anymore, and perhaps a girl.
The biggest factor happened when I was pulled over for speeding. I was waiting for the policeman to process my driver's licence and 2 thoughts entered my mind. The first was that the only reason for my car troubles and financial struggles right now was because I'm trying to leave Texas. The other thought was that there is still something very important for me to do here, but it is going to take longer than April or May to do it and that I would know what it was after it was done.
I really don't know what else to say to that other than the fact that although I have felt lonely and lost at times here, the Lord is in control. I have had several hardships since I arrived in Texas, but instead of being disgusted and angry, I have counted my many blessings and know that Heavenly Father has helped me a lot.
3 comments:
Hey Josh, This is pretty good. I think that you need to add some more pictures. Where you work, the temple, i don't know just something else. Good work though! MOM :)
awwwww...
like i said before...
move to san diego...
:)
there are more mountains there
Yes, the Lord certainly works in interesting (mysterious, it has been termed) ways, my friend.
It's good to hear from you!
Here's looking forward to many more great posts and a wedding announcement :D
Your long lost friend,
Michael
(long, as in far away... hint: Moscow, ID, lost, as in... where in the .. is Moscow??)
Post a Comment