First, I suppose since people have asked me to blog about my life and give more details, I thought I would give it a try.
I've been in Texas for 6 months now. It's kind of hard for me to believe that because to me it only seems like 2-3 weeks. I was talking to someone or maybe I was thinking out loud, but however it happened, I realized I have had a lot of firsts in my life since I have moved here to Texas. Here are some of them.
I have been driving since I was 15 and have been proud in the fact that I have never been in an accident and I have never been pulled over for speeding. Both of those happened for the first time here in Texas. The accident was a week after I got here when I was backing out of a parking space and had come to a complete stop to make sure I wasn't going to hit the car next to me while turning. Next thing I know, some lady on her cell phone rams into my rear bumper. I was 4 feet out from the next car, so you think she would have seen me. It was totally her fault, but for some reason, some one made it so that it is always the person who is backing out to be at fault. Go figure.
I also got my first speeding ticket last Thursday going to work. I'll admit it. I'm a lead foot, but in Montana I could always use the wonderful thing of cruise control, but with the traffic out here, that's impossible. I was caught red handed going 67 in a 55, and though I am guilty, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about the $170 ticket.
This is also the first time I have ever truly lived alone. While it was nice at the start, I quickly came to realize that I like it a lot more when there is someone else in the house. I mentioned before that I may have been thinking out loud when I came up with firsts in life, but in reality, it has come to the sad point that I was probably having a conversation with myself ... out loud. That is the sad truth about living alone. Movies, books, computer games, and all other forms of entertainment can only do so much. Simply put, it is human nature to communicate with others. Yes, I know, I can talk to people at work and church, but when you go home to an empty house...what then? I have learned that I will never ... let me re-emphasize that... NEVER live alone again if I can help it. When the scriptures say that man is not meant to live alone, I can testify to that. While I am sad that I do talk with myself while at home, I am happy to say that I'm not to the point that Will Smith was in "I am Legend" where he talked to mannequins. With that being said... let's move on.
Another first is working in a place with more than a hundred employs. Though I work at Motorola, the company I actually work for is a huge world wide company with at least 100,000 employs (just a wild guess there). It's a different experience for me and I'm still not quite sure what to think of it.
Another first is actually living with a car in a big populated area. Just one thing to say here... I hate rush hour traffic.
I know there are other firsts, but I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and can't remember right now...so, until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment