Sunday, July 6, 2008

I got an answer, and some rambling about being single.

Well, I got a response from her today. It wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but it did give me some closure and left us open to continuing our friendship. I don't know if I should post this, but I'm going to anyway. Here is her reply:

"Josh,

Thanks so much for your note. I really apologize because my life kinda got turned upside down this spring from a few different factors, and I really haven’t given you much to go off. "

"And I have to say I really, really respect you making the effort and putting yourself out there when it’s not easy. I know that not knowing either way what the other person is thinking is quite frustrating. If I were you I’d be a little annoyed with me... And it seems like guys (and girls) are so often intimidated to the point of letting great opportunities pass by, and I very much appreciate you being willing to take a chance."

"I too enjoyed spending time with you. And I have nothing but respect for who you are and how you live. Unfortunately I am just in a place right now where, between some turmoil in my personal life and upcoming changes, I am just not thinking or feeling that there would be much sense in going forward with anything beyond friendship. Life is too short—and we’re too old!:)—to spend time and effort in something that doesn’t contribute to who we will be eternally."

"I hope I said this the right way. Again, I apologize for not being more direct. I’ve been going through some other things that have had me a little preoccupied. Thanks for not hating me…or at least not seeming to hate me! :) I’m glad you’re in our ward and hope you have a great week too."


Anyway, there ya go. I guess it's time to ask more girls on a date.

Now, for some good news. I have recently had 2 siblings get engaged. Congratulations Bryan and Connie! I'm really happy for you and even with your weddings being 2 weeks apart and all the craziness that will come with it, I am excited to being in Washington DC and St. Louis to see you get married to your significant others.

Now, I need to ramble on a little bit here. I am now 28 years old and yes, I'm still single. Every once in a while, people ask me why I'm not married. I heard it 3 times at work this week, and (Bryan and Connie, if you read this don't take offense because I don't blame you at all.) with the announcement of my siblings getting married, some of the people we all know who still keep in touch are asking me also and some are even rubbing it in a little. Seriously people. If I knew why I'm not married yet, don't you think I would have fixed it by now? The main reason of course is because thus far, when I ask Heavenly Father if I should marry the girl I was dating, the answer was no. I don't know the reason why, but I do know what His answer was at the time. It could have been me. It could have been a bad time. It could have been a million different reasons. Who knows? For those of you who ask me why I'm not married, I have a question in return for you. If you worry about it so much, or if you care about me enough to wonder, why haven't you introduced me to girls you know to help me out?

I'm sorry if that came out a little harsh. With 2 of my siblings getting married, I know it will only get worse. I have seen it happen to many people I know who had younger siblings get married first and I'm expecting it to happen to me also. Fortunately for them, they would usually find their better half in the next year or two.

Maybe that will happen to me.

2 comments:

The Hills said...

OH Josh. It sounds like you need a hug right about now. You are more than welcome to come out and visit us in Oregon. We have a small singles ward here that you are more than welcome to visit. My mom would also take anyone into her home if needs be. She lives in San Diego and there are PLENTY of singles wards down there. My brothers are both single and they could introduce you to their friends. You do have options. Or you can just give up for awhile. It never hurts to just let things go. We love you!

jeraldean said...

Hey Josh,
I thought that both of your letters were really good and open. I'm sorry that this isn't good timing for either one of you and when you both get settled in a good place things will come together for both of you. Hang in there. Your day will come too.
I'm glad that you are able to support both Bryan and Connie and go to the temple to see them sealed. I hope they can do the same for you some day.
Love you, Mom