


The Rangers were loosing, 4 to 1. But then ...
Rangers scored. This was an inning they announced that if the Rangers scored, Taco Bueno would give everyone in the stadium a coupon for a free taco. Thanks Rangers for the free food. Blue Jays scored 4 more in the next two innings. In the bottom of the seventh, Rangers hit a homerun with a man on base to score 2 more. The score was now 8 to 4. Many people started to give up hope and left. This picture shows the stadium a little emptier than before.

In the 9th inning, Rangers scored again, but in the end, it wasn't enough. Rangers lot 5 to 8.
Even though we lost, it was still fun to see. To my Yankees fans back in Montana, I'm sorry to say that because this was my first professional game and because I live in Texas, I'm now rooting for the Rangers, but look at it this way... at least it's not Boston.
Ok, so I've talked about the ballgame, now let's get to the other subject in the title. I had a date with me going to the game. Overall, we didn't really talk much until the last hour of the date. Don't get me wrong... we had conversations through out the night, but most of the first couple hours was spent waiting for traffic or watching the game. I still had fun and there will be another date, but I have to figure out what it will be first.
One thing that I feel dumb for is I might have missed a chance that she gave me. When I picked her up, it was 75 degrees outside. During the course of the game, it dropped down to 60. Now for a Montana boy like me, that is still really nice weather, but to those from the south, it's time to put on a sweater. She had one and eventually put it on, but she was still cold. I could tell she was having trouble and kept asking if she was ok. She would say she was, but it finally got to the point where she admitted to being cold. Being one of the many guys that "Hitch" was based off of, I told her I couldn't help her because I didn't bring a jacket. We talked about how I was from Montana and how I wasn't cold and that was that.
Yeah, I know I know. I was stupid. I should have said that I didn't bring a jacket and then say that I could put my arm around her to help if she was confortable with it, but I didn't. I was dumb. I realize my mistake and now I'm kicking myself for it. I could have opened up an opportunity to let her show if she's interested, but I blew it. I didn't even offer her my arm like I said I would. Next time as soon as we get out of the car, I'm going to offer my arm. I still don't know for sure what she thinks, but at this point, I guess it could be worse.
1 comment:
What? No pictures of the GIRL? :-)
Post a Comment