This has nothing to do with the title of this blog, but I wanted to get it out of the way before I get to it. I went to work this week heading into a storm that looked like it could be really bad. When I got to work, tornado sirens were going off and the sky above was dark grey. Fortunately, nothing happened. We didn't even get a lot a rain. Maybe a light rain and wind and that was it. I guess that was my excitement at work for the week.
Ok, now to the subject. Yeah, it's true. I'm stuck and don't know what to do about this girl I've been going on dates with. I was going to ask her on a kite flying date, but she hurt herself. She broke a bone in her foot that requires her to wear a boot and use crutches for the next several weeks. That limits the types of dates I can go on with her.
I planned all week how I would pick up flowers and take it to her apartment before I went to work, but each day, I chickened out. I finally got up the nerve yesterday when someone told me she had been sick all week. I went to the store, got some flowers and chicken soup, and went and dropped it off. She invited me in, but she was on her crutches and in her pajamas. I put the items were she told me to, we made some small talk about how she was doing and if she was going to church, and then I left. The whole time, we were standing up and she didn't seem to want to look at me. I'm guessing it was because she was embarrassed about me seeing her like that. Today I talked to her at church and she seemed to talk to me normally and looked me in the eyes again. To say the least, I'm still very confused.
The whole crutch thing is causing a problem with what to do on dates. So far, the only thing I can think of is take some games to her place and play with her or go to a movie. I don't have any ideas about what to do now, but I would love to hear any suggestions. Any ideas for a date with a girl using crutches? Let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bring her take-out and a movie! Some of the most fun dates are at home and cost next to nothing or nothing at all. Take it from someone who is an expert at in home dating, with three kids it is next to impossible to go out. That and we can't afford it. Group games are fun (Apples to Apples!), keep it simple. Good luck!
Post a Comment