Monday, April 28, 2008

Still no clue for sure, but at least things are ok

I know what you are thinking. Another girl entry? Doesn't this guy have a life? The honest answer...well, not really. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't really have much to write so I guess you will have to deal with it.

All week I kept thinking of what I could do or what I should do. I finally decided that I just needed to confront her. In church, we had what is called a Stake Conference. It's a gathering of many of the churches in the area. I was in the choir and after we sang in the Saturday session, we went to sit with the rest of the congregation. The whole time up in the stands, I told myself I would go sit by her. So did I? NO! At the last minute I decided not to. There was only room for one more person, but I knew to be comfortable, she needed that space to keep her foot raised. I talked some small talk with her afterwards, and then I left. Today I was going to go up to her and ask if I could stop by her house today to talk to her there. So did I? Get ready for it. It will surprise you. YES, I did. Some other friends were talking with her when I went up. All of us talked for a while. When we separated, I pulled her aside and asked if I could stop by. She said I could and I went over this afternoon.

We actually talked. I didn't feel as shy for some reason and we smiled and laughed and talked a lot about various subjects. It was nice. Did I bring the subject of what I intended to talk to her about? No. Our conversations went well enough that I knew I could ask her on more dates. One of our friends stopped by also and so we talked with her for a while. Because of her foot and the 3 flights of stairs at her house, she stays somewhere else. The friend was there to help her pack for the week, so after a while she kicked me out. This time around I didn't feel like the time I spent with her had failed. Instead, my confidence was restored. There still wasn't any big clue from her, but I think I can ask her on more dates and she will say yes. Maybe there is still hope for me after all.

No comments: