I was at work last night, as always, and during my lunch break, I went to my car like I always do and was listening to the radio. I heard several severe storm warnings. Meanwhile, it was raining and there was lightning. I didn't pay much attention to it because I wasn't in any of the counties it listed.
On my way home, I was listening to the radio again. There was several reports of tornadoes and a lot of damage. Older trees were reported snapped at a foot above the ground. Telephone poles and lines were knocked down. Fences were knocked down. Power was out in over 45000 homes. Most of the damage was North of Dallas. I didn't see any damage on my way home other than a few twigs here and there.
When I moved to Texas, I knew I would be around tornadoes, but I guess it never really hit me. I still don't think it has hit much because I didn't see any of the damage. However, I think I'll pay more attention to the radio when it talks about storm severe warnings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw it on the news this morning and wondered if you would be affected by the storms. Watch out when you see a weird color of green sky! Get to a place where there are no windows or very few at all. Sometimes that can be the bathroom. Be safe!
MOM
Post a Comment